FACTS ABOUT FULL SERENITY PRAYER



SERENITY PRAYER


 GOD ,

GRANT ME A

 SERENITY

TO ACCEPT THE THINGS

I CANNOT CHANGE,

COURAGE

TO CHANGE

THE THINGS I CAN,

AND 

WISDOM

TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE


The Full Serenity Prayer


God grant me the serenity

To accept the things I cannot change;

Courage to change the things I can;

And wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

As it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make things right

If I surrender to His Will;

So that I may be reasonably happy in this life

And supremely happy with Him

Forever and ever in the next.

Amen.



The Serenity Prayer is a prayer written by the American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It is commonly quoted as: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.




Comments